Sell My Home
Has your Southeast Portland home become too small for your growing family? Maybe you have the opposite problem: You and your spouse are looking to downsize after your kids have left the nest and you no longer need your three-bedroom ranch. Or, you may need to leave Southeast Portland altogether due to work or family obligations. Regardless of the reason you want to sell your home, rely on the realtors at Metro PDX to help you get the best price for your home.
How to Sell a Home in Southeast Portland
The good news is that it’s a seller’s market right now. What does that mean? It means the market favors sellers. A good piece of property doesn’t last long on the market — sometimes only one day — and some sellers are getting significantly more for their homes than they had originally priced them at.
If you’re in a hurry to sell your home, being in a seller’s market could be an advantage. You may be able to forego painting, landscaping and other improvements, sell your home for a decent price and quickly be on your way.
However, homeowners who have time on their side can command a higher price with the right updates to their home. As longtime real estate agents in Southeast Portland, the team at Metro PDX knows exactly what our clients need to do to get ready to sell their homes. Here are some of our suggestions:
- Declutter: A home with too much stuff in it looks small and unattractive. Pack up your knick-knacks and other items and store them before listing your house.
- Do a deep cleaning: Your home will look and smell better after a thorough cleaning. Don’t have time? Hire a cleaning service. You’ll get the money back in the profit you make on your home.
- Remove personal items and family photos: You want prospective buyers to be able to picture themselves living in your home. Pictures of your family distract from their ability to conjure such an image.
- Make repairs: If the front steps are cracked, the bathroom door doesn’t stay closed and the kitchen faucet is dripping, these are repairs worth making before you list your house.
- Paint: Paint everything white, or off-white. It’s basic, natural and clean — you can’t go wrong with white.
- Consider making updates: It can get pricey, but replacing kitchen countertops, refacing cabinets and updating your bathrooms can help your house sell faster for a higher price.
Realtors in Southeast Portland
When you partner with Metro PDX, you aren’t hiring just any realtor in Southeast Portland to sell your home. Our realtors work to sell your home as hard as we would work to sell our own homes. This approach is what has gained us the reputation as one of the most trusted real estate brokerages in the area. Our real estate agents aren’t just salespeople, they’re members of our community.
We have a number of techniques to get you the best price for you home, including using the Homebids platform to see what others are bidding on homes. It’s an invaluable tool because it get you more offers faster. It’s important to us to stay on the cutting edge of the real estate business, and that’s why we take advantage of every opportunity to do more for our clients.
Our Realtors Are Here, Every Step of the Way
Selling your home can be an emotional experience. You may feel sad about having to move due to work or family or financial circumstances. It can be hard to say goodbye to your friends and your neighborhood. We understand.
There can also be a lot of ups and downs with the process, including negotiations with buyers, home inspections and loan applications that don’t get approved. All these can lead to deals falling through. At Metro PDX, we are known for our expertise in negotiations. We keep things moving at a reasonable pace, we lookout for your best interests and we never push a sale through just for the sake of closing a deal.
Extending a Helping Hand
Not only do we work hard for our clients, but we also believe in sharing our good fortune and giving back to the community and to the world. For every home we sell, our partners donate money to feed the hungry, provide medical care and deliver service to veterans.
When you’re ready to sell your home in Southeast Portland, contact the trusted real estate agents at Metro PDX. Our hard-working team will get you the best price for your home — fast.